Monday, November 2, 2009

"Home" Business

My mom said I was putting too much information in my blog....that I was telling home business.

Home business is a term I adopted from a friend of mine who was telling me about how her son came home from school one day, he was in kindergarten at the time, and casually recounted a story one of his little classmates shared with a group of kids at recess. It went something like this: my mom and dad were in the bathroom together last night and they had music on and they were both saying "yeeaaahhhh, yeeeaaahhhhh, yeeahhhhhh."

That would be home business.

So we like to use that term around our house when something is meant to stay in-house.

And think about it, every household has some home business.

It could be strange, unaccounted for discrepancies in the story of how and when your parents met and got married and when you and your sisters and brothers were born. Or that small issue you used to have with walking out of stores with things you didn't pay for that got you a night at Lou Sterrett and a bit of a record. Or it could be that one uncle that we could look up and find in the Texas Sex Offenders database.

We aaaaaaall have something....

The key thing with home business is that everybody privy to the information needs to agree that it's home business.

In our house, we have this one family thing that happened last summer that Sweetness says is home business.

But I've told a whole bunch of people...because it’s funny.

The way I see it is, if you can look back at a situation and laugh at it, you should be able to share it with others. Especially when it involves your in-laws.

So the last time I told our home business was a couple of months ago when we were having dinner with friends. They had just told us some kuh-razy home business of their own and before I knew it, I was telling ours again...I guess I thought it would be okay since they had told us some of theirs. Quid pro quo.

That is a not a good reason to declassify home business I learned. Sweetness was upset and I felt bad. So, hopefully, I won't tell anyone else.

And by all means, be sure to introduce young children to the concept of home business at an early age. The last thing you need is for your child to go to school and tell his teacher about how mommy threw a glass at daddy's head last night.

3 comments:

  1. Lmao... With the kindergarten story. I just pictured Jaliel going to school and telling some "home" business

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny and VERY relateable..wait there isn't supposed to be an "e" before "able," huh? Relatable- that don't look right, but its not the serious for me to Google :) Anyway, I committed the home business offense two nights ago when we had dinner with friends. As soon as we got in the car I heard "Why would you.." LOL-great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang! I did that too and Joe looked at me with the "side eye"...all I could say is "What?" in my most innocent fashion.

    ReplyDelete